Google Places is a great new way to help prospective local customers find your business. If a company is listed in Google Places, running a search for that company's name, will display a small red balloon alongside the home page search result. You will also notice a little map marked with its business location, as well as contact details, business hours and links to customer reviews. Clicking on the red balloon will open up the company's Google Places page, giving visitors more details about its business, like directions, features, photos, coupons and other nearby places.
Previously known as Local Business Center and Google Local Pages, Google Places is a useful way to promote your business, which not many people are aware of yet. If you are on Google Places, people will be able to view the exact location of your store or business location, when they search for your company by name. In addition, a link to your company may also show up in a list, for organic Google searches on topics related to your business.
How it Works
Google gets its business listings from different clusters like Yellow Pages and other third-party providers. However, the details that you submit through Google Places is the information that they trust the most. This means that when people search for your company name or related topic, your Google Places page will appear, instead of any basic information that Google has dug up from other sources.
To ensure that the information you submit is authentic, Google will first ask you to verify it, by entering a PIN code number. This number will be sent to the business address or phone number, which you submitted when listing your information.
Creating a Google Places Page
- Sign into your Google account or create a new one. Visit the Google Places Website and click on the ‘Add New Business' button.
- Add your country and phone number, to check if Google already has information about your company. If such information exists, you will be able to easily edit it.
- If it doesn't, you will have to fill in your company details on the next page. This includes basic contact info, hours of operation, payment options, service areas, photos and videos.
- When you type in your company address, you will be able to drag the red balloon, in the map box, to mark the location of your office premises.
- Click on the ‘Submit' button to save your Google Places page.
- Enter the verification code sent by Google to your business address or phone number.
- After your listing is approved, it will begin to appear on Google.
Google Places also allows entrepreneurs to post real-time messages about their business like sales or special offers. In addition, you can also use the personalized dashboard to keep a track of the performance of your business. This dashboard lists the number of times your business was found by visitors, keywords used, and visitor location. You can use this info to change or expand your business strategy. Google Places is also a good way to learn what your customers are saying about your business, by reading their posted reviews.
Today, customers are dealing with businesses that are fast and easy to find. If someone Googles your company name, they should be able to see where it is located, and get there quickly. Create a profile on Google Pages to showcase your business, and make sure those customers walk through your door.
Get affordable professional Web Consulting Services here at TravisHolzem.com, a full service Twin Cities Web Consulting & Design Service. The sites we design are more than just online brochures, we create powerful web presences that also work as a tool for lead generation and business development. Contact Us to Claim and Optimize your Google Place Page
It's smart of you to get a professional to help get your business more local visibility. A expert can help you attract more local business without grabbing the reins out of your hands.