Social media marketing is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social Media Marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it across their social networks. The resulting electronic word of mouth refers to any statement consumers share via the Internet (e.g., web sites, social networks, instant messages, news feeds) about an event, product, service, brand or company. When the underlying message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself, this form of marketing results in earned media rather than paid media.
Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are household names, and lacking a presence on these social media giants is no longer an option for any business trying to generate leads and sales online.
TH Web Consulting provides comprehensive account set-up and design customization options, including a broad range of marketing campaign services that will help you manage and grow your networks on these communities. Keep your finger on the pulse of social media marketing and keep your brand in front of your audience with the help of our expert design and marketing team.
Social Networking Websites
Social networking websites allow individuals to interact with one another and build relationships. When companies join the social channels, consumers can interact with them and they can communicate with consumers directly. That interaction feels more personal to users than traditional methods of strictly outbound marketing & advertising.
Social networking sites and blogs allow followers to “retweet” or “repost” comments made by others about a product being promoted. By repeating the message, all of the users connections are able to see the message, therefore reaching more people. Social networking sites act as word of mouth. Because the information about the product is being put out there and is getting repeated, more traffic is brought to the product/company.
Through social networking sites, companies can interact with individual followers. This personal interaction can instill a feeling of loyalty into followers and potential customers. Also, by choosing whom to follow on these sites, products can reach a very narrow target audience.
Social networking sites also include a vast amount of information about what products and services prospective clients might be interested in. Through the use of new Semantic Analysis technologies, marketers can detect buying signals, such as content shared by people and questions posted online. Understanding of buying signals can help sales people target relevant prospects and marketers run micro-targeted campaigns.
Mobile phone usage has also become beneficial for social media marketing. Today, most cell phones have social networking capabilities: individuals are notified of any happenings on social networking sites through their cell phones, in real-time. This constant connection to social networking sites means products and companies can constantly remind and update followers about their capabilities, uses, importance, etc. Because cell phones are connected to social networking sites, advertisements are always in sight. Also many companies are now putting QR codes along with products for individuals to access the company website or online services with their smart-phones.
If you’re still unsure about investing in Social Media, here are a few reasons why you should
- It’s natural. Not only do you get natural backlinks which are great for SEO, your website is exposed to large groups of people in a spontaneous fashion. This differs from paid advertising which has overt commercial overtones.
- It’s sustainable. Once successfully mastered, social communities can be a great source of web traffic on top of any traffic you are already generating from the search engines. While you can’t easily increase your search engine traffic, social media traffic can be very easily controlled through strategic marketing. (EXP: by creating contests, polls, giveaways, etc…)
- Build Trust. People like to deal with companies who openly display their social media profiles on their homepage. It shows that the company isn’t afraid to be in direct contact with its community and customers and to take public feedback (whether positive or negative!). Websites that do not have any social media presence are only falling behind.
- It complements other efforts. Social media optimization and marketing is usually community-specific. It doesn’t interfere with any other methods of getting traffic to your website. It can and will fit perfectly with an advertising campaign targeting other websites or search engines.
It’s All About Strategy!
As simple as it sounds to some people, serious Social Media Marketing is probably one of the toughest forms of Marketing. Sure, it’s easy to just setup an account here and there and converse with random people, but it’s certainly not as easy to engage the right individuals, in a way that they will befriend you, follow you, trust you and eventually refer their friends to you!
Professional Social Media Marketing is a true strategy game, and depending on how you play your cards, the power of the masses can play for or against you. At TH Web Consulting, we follow these strict steps for every new project, to make sure that your initiative ‘goes viral' in a good way
- Analyse the networks : we scan the networks and find the most appropriate ones for your niche market.
- Set Goals / Benchmarks: what do you want to achieve? What results do you expect from your initiatives?
- Find Groups and Communities: Inside the social networks, we seek out the groups and communities where your target audience is gathering
- Develop and Rollout: Do you have any Content to share? If not, we can help you build it. Deploying interesting and useful content is key to capture user interest.
- Identify your Target Market in the community: Some people will be more active than others in your fan pages, groups and blogs. Those individuals should be rewarded in order to turn them into a mouthpiece for your brand. This is when the true word-of-mouth starts!
- Offer giveaways / Develop incentives to attract more people and eventually generate more word-of-mouth. Whether it be an ebook, a t-shirt, a coupon or any kind of virtual gift, incentives are important to make people come back and talk about your brand to their friends.
- Engage and facilitate conversations by asking questions, launching polls, quizzes, sweepstakes.
- Measure results and adapt the strategy based on what worked and what didn’t.
The goal behind TH Web Consulting's social media marketing services are to put your company in a position to tap into the two-way conversation naturally happening between you and your customers. Our services are designed to show you where people are talking about you, the areas where you can best get involved, and the tactics you should use to help increase brand awareness.
Through our social media audit, competitive analysis, and custom-built interactive strategies, we’ll teach you how to take advantage of the social web and how to successfully drive visitors to your site.
Contact us now to see how we can help you start a solid Social Media initiative for your business.